Santa or Grinch this year?

 Good morning my beautiful readers!

I'm sorry to have disappeared on Friday, I had a few days where I needed to take care of my mental health. Sometimes, things have to come first. But! I am back! New and improved with a new theme for the website. I think we can all agree that last one was a little cringe, hahaha. Definitely let me know what you guys think in the comments. 

So, Santa? or Grinch? 

The question pertains to the overarching attitude geared towards the Christmas season. Personally, I struggle with this as well. With losing both my step-dad and grandmother within a year of each other in the past two years, I'm inclined to go with Bah Humbug. But, I know there are other reasons to be grateful and thankful.

1- Despite all I've been through, I'm still here.

2- I have a good job that allows me to work less for the same pay as my last job and without the stress.

3- I have amazing friends and family that allow me to be myself

4- I'm learning more about the world around me every single day

5- I have an amazing partner that makes me feel incredible every single day.

I'm truly grateful for these gifts and while I'd love to play Santa, I don't exactly have immeasurable funds or a secret workshop of elves to handle my holiday shopping. Life is hard, the economy is harder. And I'll be the first to admit with everything I think everyone else has gone through I'm sure we can all agree that the Grinch may be on to something, hahaha. 

Here's my solution: 

Both. Do both. 

Find what your energy limits allow and go for it. I'm set on playing Santa (not literally Santa) to a few key people in my life that could use a little extra boost. To everyone else, I'm making sure they have something small and I'll contribute to Christmas dinner instead. This way, it's balanced we're not over extended and everyone's needs get met.

Now, personally, I celebrate Christmas but there's a myriad of traditions and holidays out there to celebrate. So, for whatever you celebrate, enjoy! But remember, take care of yourself first.

Happy Holidays. 

<3

E

Comments

Popular Posts