The Practice of Kindness

Kindness, it's universally given to everyone else, but when was the last time you were kind to yourself? So often we hate on ourselves with unkind words about the way we look, what we weigh, or our performance in work or life, but what we really need is to practice kindness towards ourselves. Here's am exercise to help transition your brain: 

Pretend you are your own friend. Would you speak to them the way you speak to yourself? No, likely not. Imagine replacing those hateful words that float through your head when you look in the mirror with positive ones. 

Instead of "I'm so fat", try "you look good today" 
Instead of "I'm a failure" try "You can always try again tomorrow. Today you did the best you could" 

Practice this consistently and see what happens. Eventually it'll be, "I look good today" or "Today I did my best. Tomorrow I will do my best too." Watch the change start taking place. 

Put a stop on that negative self talk. If you find yourself putting any part of yourself down think would I say this to a friend? I'd be willing to bet that you wouldn't. Be kinder to yourself and watch your life soar. 

Love,
E

Comments

Popular Posts