Disclaimer

First Things First: Disclaimer. 


I am not a licensed mental health professional. My writings are from my own research and experience. Please take them with a grain of salt. 

My name is Ellie and I'm diagnosed with Bipolar I & II. It has not been an easy journey to say the least and I chose to start this blog in an endeavor to help people with my diagnoses, or similar ones. If you are one of the lucky few to not have one, I am genuinely happy for you and pray you never know our struggles. However, if you do share one or both of my diagnoses, or have a different one, I want to tell you I'm proud of you for making it to this point. Life isn't easy, and given a mental health diagnosis, it's more difficult to cope with the little inconveniences life throws at us. From mental breakdowns to full on psychosis I'm here to tell my story, share what's helped, and explain some of the science behind bipolar disorder. 

There's a lot of discussion within the mental health networks about Depression, Borderline Personality, Schizophrenia, and etc. To me, at least, there doesn't seem to be a big discussion of Bipolar Disorder.  Hollywood, as much as they think are helping seem only to distort the idea of Bipolar Disorder. They don't seem to try to reasonably portray it. Needless to say, we'll discuss that as well. Don't get me wrong, I love Hollywood, the movies and content they produce are phenomenal and some of them have greatly helped the mental health community. On the flip side, it's also advanced the progression of social stigma against bipolar disorder. 

My mission is to bring awareness of the reality of Bipolar Disorder from the lens with which I view life and bring resources to help mental health within the progression of daily living. 

My vision is that this blog will become a fully functioning business by contributing to your mental health in a positive manner and giving back to the community by raising awareness.

I'm sure you're wondering at this point: what prompted her to write this blog?

I work in a very stressful environment in healthcare, and after several events of my mental health completely tanking and causing me to miss work I chose to put myself first, ask for a reduction in hours and work on myself. Is this partially a way to fill my time while I'm not actively working in healthcare? Yes. More importantly, it's a way for us to connect, to fill the gaps where maybe our medical community misses the mark and to have an honest conversation about what really goes on inside our heads. More than anything, I want to be resource you can go back to. Most of all, I'm here to help.

Happy reading. 

Love, 

E




Comments

Popular Posts